Documents to take with you
Please come to the Institut Jules Bordet with:
- Your identity card: the identity card enables your membership of a Belgian health insurance body (health insurance company) to be read
- Any document relating to the costs being covered by a third party: a form guaranteeing payment for the care provided, insurance cover for various types of care, etc.
- Your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC/CEAM) if you are from a country which is a member of the European Union. It is essential that you bring your EHIC/CEAM card when you go to the hospital. At the consultation, you will have to pay all the costs. You will be given a document for the reimbursement of costs in your country.
- Your medical file or your health documents: At a first medical consultation at the Institut Jules Bordet, bring with you all the medical documents you have already: results of blood tests, reports of medical examinations, protocols, X-rays, etc. These documents will help the doctors at the Institut Jules Bordet with your medical treatment.
- For second opinion consultations, you must send us a complete copy of your medical file before the consultation (by email or by post). If cancer has already been diagnosed, the pathology results (biopsy) are particularly important for this consultation.